As a graduate entering the workforce, there are certain things you will have to learn and grow accustomed to. The learning curve from university and high school education is continued when you take your first steps in the work environment. Make sure you remember what you learned, and apply it in a professional manner. Here are some quotes to inspire you and help your progress as a professional.
1. "The wisest mind has something yet to learn” - George Santayana
Despite leaving university and formal education, you have much to learn about work. Make sure you keep learning new skills and build your character in your work environment.
2. “If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts” - Albert Einstein
There are many challenges you will face as a job seeker entering the recruitment market. Keep applying for jobs regardless of what you hear and do not be demotivated!
3. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them” - Walt Disney
All you need to do is believe in your abilities, skills and qualifications. Once you start believing that you can achieve greatness, nothing will be able to stop you.
4. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door” - Milton Berle
There will be times when you will be rejected by recruiters, but all you have to do is be positive, motivated and enthusiastic. This mind set will help you attain the impossible.
5. ”Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today” - Benjamin Franklin
Instead of postponing your job search, keep trying and make the most of everyday. Search for jobs through every possible medium and apply for whatever appears suitable.
6. “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Once you are working in an office, make sure you avoid office politics and gossip. These are the two things that bring down people. Show your creativity and enthusiasm with new ideas, innovation and concepts.
7. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant” - Robert Louis Stevenson
Try to focus on the positive of working, instead of concentrating on things that go wrong. Negativity is contagious, so surround yourself with like-minded people.
8. "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined" - Henry David Thoreau
Career progression is only possible for those who are ambitious and driven to achieve their goals. Set yourself a target and aim to attain it in a specific period of time.
9."There are no shortcuts to any place worth going” - Beverly Sills
If success was easily accomplished, then everyone would achieve it. There is no shortcut – only hard work, motivation and determination.
10. “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm” - Winston Churchill
Don’t let negativity and demotivation ruin your career plan if you don’t achieve your targets. Be positive and work even harder, learning from your bad experiences to reach success!
Are you an employee? See these motivational quotes for extra reading.