Many individuals are given the opportunity to lead, however only a few are successful at executing this enormous task. If you are in a position to manage other individuals, whether this is at work, at home or in any other environment, it is advised that you inspire yourself first. This will not only help you become a better person but it will enable you to be a better leader.
Managers and those in executive level positions have the responsibility to deal with individuals in their team. Part of this role involves understanding their nature, identifying the strengths and weaknesses and delegating tasks to reach optimal performance. Therefore it is your role to be an individual who inspires, motivates and sets an example for others!
Here are the top 10 inspiring quotes for leaders:
- Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others —Jack Welch
- Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position —Brian Tracy
- Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes —Peter Drucker
- A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. —Douglas MacArthur
- Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected. – Steve Jobs
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things – Peter Drucker
- Leaders aren’t born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal —Vince Lombardi
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader —John Quincy Adams
- Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them —John C. Maxwell
- Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy —Norman Schwarzkopf