Content marketing is bigger than ever, and a huge part of traditional marketing budgets are being reallocated to content marketing efforts. MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute teamed up to identify key benchmarks, budgets and trends regarding B2B content marketing for the coming year.
Here are a few highlights of the study:
- The secret to content marketing success is to document your strategy.
- Infographics was the tactic that scored the greatest increase in usage (from 51% last year to 62% this year).
- LinkedIn was the most popular social media platform among B2B marketers (94%)
- 58% of B2B marketers use search engine marketing which is the most popular paid method for content promotion/distribution.
- More than half of B2B marketers plan to increase their content marketing budget in 2015.
Despite content marketing’s pervasive usage, those involved in it still deal with various challenges. Some of them include the following:
- Producing engaging content.
- Producing content consistently.
- Struggling with tracking ROI, especially when they don’t have a documented strategy.
The #1 initiative content marketers plan to work on in 2015 is measuring content effectiveness.