Do you have strong computer skills and would like to practice in the business field? You could make a living working as an e-commerce executive. E-commerce executives also referred to as electronic commerce executives are responsible for e-business activities ranging from online sales and internet marketing to branding and website development.
What Do E-Commerce Executives
Duties carried out by e-commerce executives include but are not limited to:
- Designing and preparing ebusiness metrics reports for numerous online platforms to accomplish growth objectives
- Designing and implementing all roadmap features for all strategic business units and equipment
- Managing all ebusiness undertakings and employing best practices to design efficient practices and help the internet team to execute all department strategies, evaluate information and endorse improvements to all customer procedures
- Administering several web analytics tools and internal data sources to boost customer experience
- Collaborating with important information owners to ensure timely delivery of all internal resources organize web information to guarantee accuracy of customer postings and endorse important plans for all chief customers to enhance ecommerce
- Developing and administering all plans and activities for a variety of ecommerce projects
- Evaluating online customer experience and endorsing improvements
Earnings for these professionals vary depending on various factors such as location, company size, industry, level of education and years of experience.
As an e-commerce executive, you need to have the following important qualities:
- A clear understanding of the aims and structure of business organizations
- Comprehension of the impact of e-commerce and ability to execute e-commerce solutions
- Excellent marketing skills
- Understanding of the functioning of web fundamentals
- Excellent judgmental, decision making and problem solving skills
- Good people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Dedication and service orientation
Entry levels for the career of an e-commerce executive require you to have at least a bachelors degree in any relevant field such as:
You need to acquaint yourself with various e-commerce aspects and common security protocols, skills that are useful in keeping your projects secure and safe. It is advisable to start working for a company that incorporates technical operations in their processes as this will enable you to complement your project management and e-commerce overall skill set
Many employers prefer candidates with an ability to converse with a wide variety of people as communication is vital in boosting the e-commerce venture. Though not mandatory, many states might require you to be licensed. This licensure shows your competence and enables you to gain personal and professional success.
There are numerous career progression opportunities for e-commerce executives. For instance, you can consider pursuing a Masters or PhD program to improve your prospects. Additionally, you will also be able to serve in senior positions such as training and management.
E-commerce has a bizarre long range global growth outlook. Professionals in this field are open to numerous job opportunities especially in the graduate recruitment industry. Apparently, 60% of e-businesses aspire to recruit new employees on a yearly basis. Due to an increase in turnover among e-businesses, prospects for e-commerce executives are projected to be very bright.
If you want a job that enables you the feel and control a wide customer base, this career is fit for you.
Image Source: iStock