For those individuals who are interested in finding a legitimate network marketing opportunity, the journey toward achieving that goal can be difficult. Network marketing is prevalent in todays society. The main issue is that there are many scams and you need to know how to wade through them to find the legitimate ones. However, there are steps that you can take to find the right opportunity for you. This article will discuss a checklist to consider when trying to find the perfect situation.
Checklist to Find the Right Opportunity
1. Length of Time the Company has been in Operation
One of the most important factors in deciding whether or not a network marketing opportunity is viable is to find out when the company was established. How long has the company been in business? If it is a start-up, you need to seriously consider your options with getting involved. The basic litmus test is that you should feel more comfortable working with a company that has been in existence for five years or longer.
2. Check out the Companys Background
The second step is to do further research to ascertain more about the companys background. One of the litmus tests in this regard is how good is the companys customer service? Do they offer 24/7 assistance? One factor that should send up a red flag is if the website does not provide legitimate contact information, especially a phone number. Take the time to scroll through the website and ascertain whether or not it is user-friendly and current with todays professional branding. When researching the company, it is also important to find out if the company provides consistent training. Check out the types of training modules they use to help the network marketers grow and develop.
3. Analyze the Product or Service Offered
If you truly want to succeed with the network marketing opportunity of your choice, you must analyze the product or service they offer. Ask yourself the following questions.
- Is the product unique or one of the run-of-the-mill products on the market?
- Is the product or service consumable so it is reordered each month?
- Does the consumer base genuinely need this product or service?
- Is the product or service offered at a reasonable price?
Consumable products like vitamins are a good bet because customers will generally re-order them each month. If the company doesnt offer a consumable product, it may be more difficult to sell with them. Answering yes to all of those four questions means the company could be a viable option for you.
4. Examine the Opportunity Presented
The basic premise behind network marketing is that the middleman is eliminated and network marketers promote and sell the companys products. Usually the person who is sharing the opportunity with you is called a sponsor or recruiter. This person recruits you into the business and is supposed to assist with training and development. Ask yourself the following questions.
- How much time will you need to invest into this endeavor?
- Are you able to work it part-time while still working your day job?
- What system is in place regarding automated customer ordering and delivery?
If this opportunity offers you the flexibility to get started while you are still working your day job, its a viable option. Opportunities that provide automated ordering systems through a consultant website with direct delivery to the customer could be a great fit for you. There is less time involved with taking and delivering orders and more time can be spent on networking with prospects.
5. Decide if Network Marketing is a Fit for You
The final item in this checklist is to ascertain whether or not network marketing is a fit for you. Being a network marketer takes a certain type of personality, such as someone who is a people person. You need to be able to think outside the box and step out of your comfort zone. Such consultants must have the capability to talk with new people and make cold colds. If you don’t think you could handle such tasks, but still want to work from home, you could try your hand at becoming a virtual assistant or a medical coder. However, there are rewards when you find the perfect network marketing opportunity for you.
Resources for the Prospective Network Marketer
In addition to the checklist discussed in this article, there are a variety of resources available for the prospective network marketer.
- Entrepreneurial Guide: How to Focus on Income Producing Activities – this article focuses on how to continue with income producing activities by presenting the opportunity, working on relationship building and using good follow up skills.
- Mindy Lilyquist from About Money has compiled a listing of 40+ Network Marketing Companies. Some of the ones that have topped the list are ACN, Inc., Stream Energy and AVON.
- OnlineMLMCommunity.com has provided resources for network marketers regarding hosting and domains, list building and auto-responders and building on a budget.
There are ways to find a viable network marketing opportunity which can be a good fit for you. It is important to first find out how long the company has been in existence. Once you know the companys background more, you can then analyze the products or services and the opportunity presentation. There are many resources available to you online.
Photo Credit: johnpetruse.net
Creative Commons License