Career Testing
Career Testing
Career Testing
CHOOSING A CAREER / JUL. 26, 2014
version 3, draft 3

How to Find and do Work You Love VIDEO

Investing our time and talents in a meaningful job as well as doing work that really matter to us could make the world a different place. Scott Dinsmore, the career change strategist and CEO of Live Your Legend, strives to inspire us to find the pathway to that new world where people do work they love. 

His demoralising work experience at a Fortune 500 job was enough for him to realise why 80% of adults hate their work, and more importantly, to find out what the other 20% were doing differently. Dinsmore came up with the Passionate Work framework; that is three simple things that can help you make passionate work possible.

The first step of this framework is becoming a self expert and understanding yourself. We should navigate ourselves towards what our life goals and purposes. This process involves identifying our unique strengths, values, which people or things inspire us so as to ultimately define what success means to us.

The next step involves pushing your limits to achieve the impossible. The truth is that everything was impossible until somebody did it. No idea that we have in mind is unattainable, it is just a few miles away from reality.   

Last but not least, the best way to achieve the impossible is to surround yourself with passionate people who really understand you and who you want to become. These are not only people doing the same job you love, but they are also individuals with which you can build momentum for real change.

Watch this TEDx talk to explore more about how to find your passion and build a career around it…

Get our FREE eBook!
'6 Steps to Landing Your Next Job'

LEAVE A COMMENT

0 comments

 

RELATED ARTICLES

How to Find Out Where You'd Love to Work
CHOOSING A CAREER / FEB 12, 2015

If you find yourself looking for any job rather than the job you are dreaming of, then it’s time you changed your approach. Although making use of relevant keywords in...

man with laptop working outside
CHOOSING A CAREER / JUL 14, 2016

Choosing a career is the most difficult decision you’ll ever have to make in your life. Did you make the right one? Check out this article to find out. Some people know...

comic book store
CHOOSING A CAREER / APR 18, 2016

So, your boss has made it infinitely clear that your movie quality spandex replica of Superman’s suit isn’t office appropriate attire. The world has little love for...

writer
CHOOSING A CAREER / MAR 16, 2016

Commitment is generally a term associated with relationships. Not that you can’t use it in another context, but let’s be honest your brain has been rotted by sit-coms and...

Get our FREE eBook!
'6 Steps to Landing Your Next Job'
G up arrow