Wanting to earn the highest salary possible is not a new thing, and in the current economic climate, people are more conscious than ever about the salary they are paid. This is clear as students have become far more mindful about the university course they choose, taking a more careful look at what their career options will be once they graduate.
Help Students Make Informed Decisions
With this in mind the Brighton School of Business and Management created this infographic to illustrate the best paid careers on the planet. The hope being that students would then be able to make more informed decisions about their future.
The infographic provides some interesting information that should be of use universally.
Infographic Key Points
- The medical profession is the highest paid career in the world.
- The country with the highest salaries in the world is the United States.
- The highest paid person in the world is Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs, who was paid $13.26 Million Dollars. In comparison The President of the United States, Barack Obama, was paid 1.75 Million Dollars.
- The United States has the highest paid medical professionals in the world, with a top salary of $674K Dollars per year.
- Despite the United States high salaries; the oil rich nation of Kuwait actually has the highest average salary in the world at $84k Dollars per year followed closely by Australia with $81k Dollars.
- The pay gap between the top and average earners is greatest in China, the United States and the United Kingdom where the average earnings lie within 11% of the top earners.
- Aeronautics and Space Administration careers are highest paying dangerous careers in the USA with a fatality rate of 92.4 per 100,000, but a salary of roughly $132,617K Dollars per year.
If you are a prospective student or thinking about a career change in the near future, why not check out this insightful infographic to help you to make up your mind.