As an IT professional, it’s important to find ways to improve your skills and expand your knowledge of the tools your company uses. If you work for a large corporation or enterprise, it’s highly likely that you work with SAP software.
See Also: How to Advance Your SAP Skills
SAP software is not always easy to learn, as it is complex and offers a wide range of capabilities. In order to ensure that you are using the tools of your trade as efficiently as possible, you should consider getting an SAP certification.
1. Why to Get SAP Certification
SAP SE is a German company that creates software solutions for large companies and enterprises, and the software tools they offer can help to streamline work flow and increase production drastically. SAP Certification proves that you have learned the skills at a variety of difficulty levels--from the most basic software to the most specialized, advanced of the SAP solutions.
Not only will SAP Certification help you learn to use the tools, but it will also be a feather in your cap. It will increase your value to your company and give you extra leverage when bargaining for a raise or a better position--both in your current company and anywhere else you go.
2. SAP Certification Costs
SAP certification is not cheap! In most cases, your company will pay for the certification, as your knowledge of the software will benefit them in the long run.
Here are the costs of the SAP Certification:
- US --$500 USD
- Canada -- $500 CAD
- India -- 40,000 INR
- UK/Ireland -- 350 GBP
- Eurozone -- 400 EUR
- Japan -- 50,000 YEN
You can find more information on the cost of SAP Certification in other countries here…
3. How to Get SAP Certification
So how do you go about receiving the SAP certification? Here’s what to do:
- Log onto the SAP Learning Hub. SAP offers the Learning Hub, an online portal to educational content on all things SAP-related. The Learning Hub provides all of the SAP resources and certification materials in one easy-to-access, organized place.
- Find your solution -- Searching for the SAP Certification by solution means looking for the program that matches your need. This will give you access to a long list of courses on all the software solutions provided by SAP.
- Find your role -- If you prefer to search through the certifications according to your role in the company, SAP makes it easy to find the right certification for you.
- Understand the requirements -- Each certification course has its own "Topic Areas", the material you need to learn in order to obtain the certification. Each course also has its own prep and study tactics to help you get through the material at a steady rate. You’ll also find out how many questions are included in the test, how long the test lasts, the score required to pass, and any extra course work.
- Study and take the test -- The duration of each course will differ according to the complexity of the materials studied, but prepare to study and work hard! You will need several years of hands-on experience in order to qualify for the test, and that experience will help you understand and solve the real-life problems presented in the exams.
See Also: How to Learn ABAP Programming
SAP certification is going to take a lot of hard work, but it’s definitely worth it! Not only will it help you become a better professional, but it will give you the tools needed to be the best you can be at your job.
Are you an IT professional? Do you think the SAP certification is necessary? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.