Google sets out to refresh its business portfolio by changing the names of its enterprise products and teams. Google Enterprise will now be rebranded under the name “Google for Work” as this better reflects the new work environments we are all working in.
Now, all Google for Work products will have the Google for Work moniker added to the end of their name.
But this revamp does not merely involve a name change; it rather marks the introduction of a new way of doing business, collaborating better and making work enjoyable.
Amit Singh, the unit chief of Google Enterprise argued that "the way people work at work is using products in a lot more depth and detail than they would in their consumer lives,” estimating the average worker consumes more than 90,000 hours at work over the course of their life. "Some of us more than our fair share every week,” he laughed.
To cater for workers’ and businesses’ needs, Google offers a set of cloud-based tools called Google Apps for Work. These allow you to:
- Customise professional email with Gmail for Work: get 30GB storage and 24hours support
- Email on mobile devices even when you don’t have internet connection
- Conduct video meetings on Hangouts
- Save your work files in Drive, retrieve them from any device and edit or share them instantly with your peers.
- Find what you need in no time with Google Search for Work.
- Visualise business data, create maps according to your business needs and make better decisions with Google Maps for Work
- Use a secure and user-friendly browser for all your needs either as a consumer or an IT manager.
With technology reaching a point of maturity, organisations do not tend to think about the technology that they use, they rather simply need to use a device whether that’s on iOs or Android, retake the technology out of the way and get people working in a highly productive and efficient way. Google strives to adapt to the new market environment and make work more enjoyable with its solutions and products under the Google for Work umbrella. It also aims to empower anyone, whether they are a developer, an office employee or an entrepreneur, to have an impact in the area they want to excel in. Google for Work is not a trend, it is a reality that exists to redefine the way businesses develop and transform as well as help employees work the way they live so that they add value to their employer’s operations.