Recruitment in IT is very exciting at the moment, especially regarding new and emerging technologies (in software development) which are sought after by large organisations. Chantal Olivier gives us 5 trends to monitor in the IT recruitment industry.
1. There is a growing demand from Saudi Arabia for South African individuals with CISCO and project management skills.
2. There is a huge demand for candidates with cloud computing skills, specifically relating to infrastructure services in development, implementation and maintenance.
3. The number of positions in application development for the mobile and telecoms industries has increased significantly. This growth is specifically in iOS and Apple apps development.
4. Over the last number of years, many senior ICT candidates have returned to SA from other countries.
5. Recently, there has been a huge demand for skills in the software development environment, especially for recent university graduates with completed B.Sc. Comp Sci degrees and excellent academics. Additional skills that are particularly in demand and highly sought after include mathematical abilities with a major in computer science. Programming knowledge in C#, SQL and Oracle are also highly in demand