LinkedIn has become the most widely used social networking medium for candidate sourcing, job posting and networking with industry professionals. As such, it is advisable for every company to have their own LinkedIn profile page, and to advertise their vacancies via their LinkedIn account.
Posting a vacancy on LinkedIn is relatively straightforward and can be achieved provided you have a LinkedIn account.
Step by Step on posting a job on LinkedIn
- Enter the job title for the vacancy and state the name of your hiring company in the box provided;
- Select the relevant location from the pop up box and then select the job posting package you wish to purchase;
- Purchase the most relevant job package that meets your hiring needs; select from a 30 day posting, 5-job pack or a 10-job pack;
- Provide the type of vacancy by selecting either full-time, part-time, contract, temporary or other;
- There are 7 ‘experience levels’ to select from so you have the opportunity to state the exact level of the job posted i.e. mid-senior level, entry level etc.;
- State the industry you operate in; if there are more than one, you can ‘add another’;
- Select the job function from the drop down menu provided, this also allows you to add more than one;
- You will have the option to provide compensation details including salary, bonus or stock options. You can also provide information regarding a referral bonus;
- Provide a detailed job description, followed by a section on the skills and experience you want the candidate to have; finally,
- The end of your job post will include your company description.
Upon completing the job advert, you will need to specify the email address you wish to be contacted on by all applicants. In addition, you will be required to state whether you wish your profile photo to be included in your post.
Why post on LinkedIn?
There are many reasons to post your vacancy on LinkedIn, some of which include:
- Ability to target high quality candidates
- Viral distribution
- High percentage of job posts are forward from LinkedIn; giving your maximum exposure
- Reach out to passive candidates
- Target audience of over 175 million professionals located globally
- Real-time analytics allow you to see how has viewed your job post