With over 1 billion active users on Facebook, recruiters cannot afford to undermine the sheer significance that social media now has in the recruitment industry. One of the main priorities for recruiters is to attract the right type of candidates to their job advert in the quickest and most cost effective manner; Facebook not only allows recruiters to achieve these targets, but also gives employers the opportunity to learn about their candidates before meeting them in person.
So how do you go about recruiting with Facebook?
Make use of the Facebook Directory
- The directory section of Facebook allows you to locate users, pages, applications and groups
- This will give you a better idea of who your target market are and how you can reach them
Advertise in the Facebook Marketplace
- Facebook now offers employers the opportunity to post jobs on their platform, within the dedicated marketplace section, free of charge.
- If you want to reach a global audience and are not concerned with exact demographics, then posting a job in the Facebook marketplace would be highly advisable. You can include information such as location, title, description, and job category in your post.
Reach a specific target market with Facebook Ads
- If you need to target your job post to a specific demographic, or want to appeal to candidates of a certain age, experience, and expertise, then the use of a Facebook Ad may be exactly what you need.
- With the ability to hone in on your exact target audience, Facebook Ads have revolutionized the way social media recruitment works. Recruiters have the option to pay per click or pay per impression, you can also choose the length of validity period for your ad and your overall budget.
Create a Facebook Page
- Free of charge and accessible to all companies irrespective of their size, turnover, no. of employees, industry or location, Facebook pages are amongst the most common form of social media advertising and recruitment for companies.
- Your Facebook page allows you to share your products and services, find people who may be interested in what your company has to offer, promote available vacancies and connect with potential employees.