With more than one billion active users, Facebook has become a major marketing tool for many businesses. One of the best ways businesses can connect with customers is by creating a Facebook page. Here are the steps to setting up a company Facebook page.
1. Select a classification
To begin creating your company page on Facebook, navigate to this web address:
When you get there, select one category from the following:
- Local business or place
- Brand or product
- Company, organization or institution
- Artist, band or public figure
- Cause or community
Upon clicking on the relevant icon, you will be required to select an appropriate category and fill in your business name. You need to be sure before submitting this information because it cannot be altered once the page is created. When you are done, click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
2. Fill in the basic information
Here are some of the sections you will be required to complete:
- About – Write a 2-3 sentence description of your company and add a link to your company’s website. You will also be required to select a unique Facebook address (http://www.facebook.com/yourcompanyname).
- Profile picture – Choose a photo which best represents your company. This could be your company logo, the photo of a product or the photo of a person. Remember that this is the image which will appear in all your status updates. The dimension of the profile picture is 180 pixels by 180 pixels
- Share with friends – This is where you invite your Facebook friends to ‘like’ your page
3. Fill in additional content
Once you land on your Facebook timeline, fill in the following information:
- Cover photo – This is a large image which appears at the top section of your page. With dimensions of 850 pixels by 315 pixels, it is usually the first thing people see when they visit your page. Therefore, the cover photo can come in very handy for displaying contact information or advertising special offers.
- Posts - Use your timeline to share different posts with your followers. This could be product announcements, staff changes or industry updates. You can even schedule your posts to appear on a specific day. Make sure the links, images and articles shared on your timeline are relevant and interesting to your audience.
4. Adjust your settings
Click on the ‘Settings’ tab on the left of the page above the cover photo area and adjust the setting according to your preference. Some of the settings here include:
- Posting ability
- Post targeting and privacy
- Tagging ability
- Country restrictions
- Age restrictions
- Profanity filter
5. Monitor your progress
Your Facebook page displays weekly stats on the right side of your page. This helps you keep track of the following statistics:
- Page likes
- Post reach
- Unread messages
You can also use ‘Facebook Insights’ tool to monitor the activity on your page. The tab is also located on the left of the page above the cover photo. These statistics will give you an idea of how to improve your Facebook marketing campaign.
Creating a company Facebook page is very easy, even for people with little or no technical knowledge. For more information about managing your page, visit Facebook.
Image Sourced: Facebook Business