Today more than ever before, it is vital for job seekers to have a competitive advantage in the job market. This is especially true if you are a college graduate looking for an entry-level job. You have to demonstrate how you can differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd, be proactive and take initiatives when opportunity knocks on your door.
This infographic by InternMatch can help you develop the skills you need to get hired as well as how you can stand out during your entry level job search. It offers some very useful tips in regards to finding employment that can actually boost your employability.
Here are some key points from this infographic:
- Completing an internship can help you go straight into an entry-level position.
- Freelancing and entrepreneurship are the way forward.
- Volunteering makes you a more attractive candidate and helps you develop work experience and skills related to your field.
- Getting a Master’s Degree can definitely increase your chances of landing an entry-level job.
- Developing transferable skills that can be applied to any discipline is a must.
- Building and maintaining an online presence is vital to getting discovered by recruiters.
- Getting good references, perfecting your resume and preparing for job interviews are key elements to securing a job.
If you are currently looking for an entry-level job, check out the infographic above to get the facts, figures and tips you need.
Image courtesy of Careerbliss