LinkedIn has recently released a report outlining the global recruiting trends in 31 countries and 14 industries based on the responses of over 400 recruiting leaders. The survey highlights apparent changes in the way recruiters are resourced, how they promote their talent brand and where they find quality hires.
The main trends that will shape recruiting next year are as follows:
- Talent acquisition is set to intensify in 2015, with 63% of recruiters expecting a higher hiring volume. CEOs in North America (57%), Asia (55%), Brazil (51%) and Europe (46%) project increase in overall staffing levels.
- Social professional networks are top sources of quality hires, while LinkedIn’s talent ecosystem continues to scale.
- The biggest obstacles to landing talent in 2015 will be competition and compensation.
- The top 4 channels for promoting employer brand are: company website, online professional networks (e.g.: LinkedIn), friends/family, word of mouth and social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook).
- 76% of job applicants viewed an employee’s LinkedIn profile in the last 6 months.
- Matching candidates to jobs is becoming a global trend especially in the U.S., UK, Australia and India.
Interested in knowing more about what the recruitment world will be like in 2015? Take a look at this infographic provided to you by the world’s largest professional network, LinkedIn.