Its hard to imagine a world without a platform like YouTube, whether you use it for entertainment purposes because you just cant get enough of those adorable cat videos or comical entertainment shows; YouTube has integrated itself into our daily lives as one of the most popular sources of our online content. The platform is so popular that when it comes to branding YouTube has the potential to be the perfect tool for any business thats looking to promote and advertise its brand.
Wouldnt it be handy if there was a brilliant report that detailed how businesses could leverage YouTube for their brand using mobile focused content? This article has just saved you the hassle of having to go off in search for the answers, because Google and YouTube have teamed up and published YouTube Insights. This is a quarterly report for July 2014 which looks at audience behaviour in the UK.
The Evian Example
The report looks closely at Evians successful ad campaign Baby&Me on YouTube to highlight how the video streaming site provided a solid platform for Evians brand. These days, you dont have to be one of the worlds water selling power houses to do the same thing you just need unique and engaging content to boost your brand. Here are some of the reports key findings using Evians campaign as an example:
- Evians campaign included making sure that the ad could be watched on mobile phones which contributed to 1/3 of unique traffic.
- Evian introduced an app that aligned perfectly with the video ad campaign which allowed users to modify their own pictures putting a playful spin on the campaign and racking up 25 million uses.
- Initially, Evians debut of the ad campaign on YouTube was monitored by using analytical tools which measured the campaigns real-time metrics in order to map out how audiences were reacting to its content.
Businesses can learn a lot from Evians approach to its ad campaign because it incorporated a proportionate amount of brand awareness all throughout its campaign by allowing audiences to engage with the ad via an app and mobile devices as well as the video the company posted on YouTube.
Boosting Your Brand with Mobile Content
One of the things this report advocates is the relationship between YouTube users and devices. It should be common business sense to make a connection between audience behaviour and how they choose view online content, here are some of the reports key findings into how YouTubes audiences consume content on its site:
- YouTubes users dont just use one device to view content they are more likely to use more than one device to stream videos on the site and are 3.3 times more likely than other audiences to promote the brands they love.
- Targeting a large proportion of your target audience on YouTube with mobile devices in mind will be highly effective because 52% of YouTubes 18-34 year old audience watch content on their smartphone devices.
- Brand channels on YouTube are perceived to be more engaging than brand orientated websites increasing contents shareable appeal.
Based on this report its clear that YouTube is one of the best platforms for businesses to advertise their brand online. Businesses need to ensure the content they post online is mobile responsive because UK audiences are consuming online content increasingly with the use of mobile devices. Armed with the knowledge that your business brand will benefit from creating and streaming content on YouTubes site, ensure that whatever you post is engaging and mobile friendly as well because it certainly counts.
Image Source –YouTube