A great manager is key to a happy working environment, productive team and a profitable company. There is now a lot of pressure put on managers to perform well as both a company employee and a manger to their staff.
Are you a great manager? Check the list of great manager characteristics below to see if you fit the bill!
- Creative mind that captures employees’ attention
- Self motivated and confident in your approach
- Integrity, loyalty and good morals
- Reliability and dependability
- A positive attitude and optimistic outlook
- A good listener
- Respectful to all people irrespective of their job title or rank
- Ability to be calm in the face of adversity
- Flexible and open minded
- Industry expertise and knowledge about the market
- Experience as a manager
- Commitment to the job, and to assisting employees
- Supportive and helpful
- Ability to adapt to new things and include innovative developments
- Professional and fair with the ability to discipline and focus employees
- Excellent organizational skills
If you have most of the above character traits and skills, then it is highly likely that you qualify as a great manager!