It seems that this will be the craziest Halloween ever! With Americans expected to spend a whopping $7.4 billion on their Halloween goodies this year combined with the fact that the holiday falls on a Friday, the Halloween celebrations are set to be filled with immense excitement and thrill.
If your company is throwing a Halloween party and you have not decided yet what Halloween costume to wear, here are is a few vital pieces of information to help you make an informed decision:
According to kaleidoscopeyouth.com the top 10 trending costume themes for this year will be:
- Obama in his tan suit
- Scottish independence
- Joan Rivers
- Chelsea Clinton’s pregnancy
- Any Game of Thrones character
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- 50 Shades of Grey
- Chris Christie and the bridge
- ALS ice bucket challenge
- Almost half of people (44%) plan to get costume inspiration from their newsfeed.
- 34% of people want to wear a different costume every year to avoid posting similar photos.
- 82% of costume wearers start planning their costumes at least 2.5 months in advance.
Classic Halloween themes is the No 1. inspiration for people’s costumes (30%), movies come second (16%) and TV shows is the third most popular inspiration (8%).
People get creative
- 41% combine both new and used items to create a look
- 32% buy a new packaged costume
- 14% opt for making their own costume by hand
You don’t have to spend a fortune to celebrate this holiday and impress your co-workers with a spooky appearance. Choose something funny, clever and creative and make sure it matches your personality. However, don’t choose a costume that will carry an unpleasant stigma on your professional reputation.
Check out the Top Halloween costume trends 2014 infographic provided to you by the thrift store chain, Savers to stand out in this year’s Halloween office party.