LinkedIn may be a social networking site, but it has become one of the most valuable tools used by recruiters in today’s social media savvy society. Not only is LinkedIn a cost effective resource, but employers are able to reach a mass audience of over 175 million users.
As a leading professional networking site, it has become one of the most effective mediums to locate potential employees.
Here are a few examples of how to use LinkedIn to find your next recruit:
#1 Build a LinkedIn business page
- By exposing your brand across the professional networking site, you can generate interest from passive candidates and enhance your company profile significantly.
- Be sure to include industry keywords when writing your business page. Also, update your company information regularly.
- Oftentimes, candidates may not know how to approach your business to enquire about job opportunities; a LinkedIn profile gives them a direct route to contact your business.
# Post a job on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn provides employers with the opportunity to post job vacancies and target a wide group of high quality candidates
- You can specify exact requirements for the role, the location of the job and how you would like to receive the applications
- Real-time analytics allow you to assess the popularity of your post by obtaining figures regarding the number of job post views it has received.
- As a leading networking site, most people who are registered on LinkedIn are either open to hearing about new jobs, or are actively looking for new career or networking opportunities.
- By having the means to directly connect and message potential employees, you can headhunt in a more cost effective and direct manner.
- It is advisable as a business to connect with previous/current employees, industry professionals, other businesses, trusted connections and family business contacts.
- By connecting with an influential, valuable and helpful group of contacts, you can increase your chances of locating new employees based on referrals.
# Participate in a group discussion on LinkedIn
- Joining a group or simply participating in a group discussion on a topic relevant to your business will enable you to connect with like-minded people.
- Through discussing industry developments for example, you can find out which individuals have the skills and interest in working within your industry; allow you to then connect with them individually and inform them about your job vacancy.
# Conduct a search
- LinkedIn provides an advanced search tool, which allows employers to search for prospective candidates with ease.
- Using the filter option, you can specify the exact type of candidates that would suit the job vacancy and then obtain a list of all the relevant professionals to contact.