The definition of a good job advert will vary according to the industry, company and job type being advertised. Essentially, you want your job advert to be eye catching to the right audience, appealing to generate interest and applications, and informative enough to reduce the number of unsuitable CV applications you receive.
Signs of a good job advert:
- Eye catching title
- Short in length but long enough to give candidates information about the role
- Creative concept
- Featured on popular online job boards and newspapers
- Promoted across social media profiles
What must a good job advert include?
In no particular order, a good job advert must include the following:
- Location of job
- Job title
- Description of recruiting company (this is only applicable where the recruiting company’s name is not used in the advert)
- Job type (permanent/contract/temporary)
- Reference number (this will make it easier for applicants when applying for the job)
- Detailed job description
- Clear candidate requirements
- Information on application steps to take
Example Job Advert:
Social Media Expert Required for Creative Campaigns
Location: Central London
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: 17/12/2012
Based in the heart of London, our client is a leading marketing agency with presence in the USA and Australia. Offering innovative and tailored marketing solutions to a broad range of clients, the company has built up a world renowned reputation for excellence and creativity in the global marketplace.
Joining a busy department as a Social Media Executive you will be responsible for managing the day to day social media marketing strategy for a selected list of clients across a broad range of industries. You will work closely with clients, designers, and web developers to create truly engaging and innovative social media presence in line with clients’ specific requirements.
- Manage and deliver CRM processes
- Oversee social integration
- Analyze competitor activity
- Liaise with clients, 3 parties, designers and Press
- Track social media activity and create monthly reports
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a marketing or business subject area and will have proven experience in generating exciting social media content to increase traffic and productivity. You must have a keen interest in social media marketing and be fully aware of the latest industry developments and trends.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications, only candidates who are selected for interview will receive a response. All successful applicants will be contacted by 12th September 2013.