Warren Buffet is an accomplished investor worth over $77 billion, which makes him one of the richest men in the world. Unlike other billionaires who started making money soon after dropping out or completing college, Buffet perfected the art of saving and investing at 11. He often appears on television shows, where he shares his incredible and inspiring story of success. If you make a habit of listening to him, you will no doubt learn one or two important things. Read on to get inspired by some of his quotes:
1. “Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls-Royce to get advice from those who take the subway”
Do you look down on others? It doesn’t matter which neighborhood you live in or what position you hold in your workplace, but how you treat the people you meet through the course of your life. Everyone has the potential to help you in one way or another.
2. “When forced to choose, I will not trade even a night's sleep for the chance of extra profits”
Do you have what it takes to go the extra mile and achieve your targets? To succeed in this economy, you must put in long working hours unless you were born wealthy.
3. “It is better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction”
In the workplace, befriend people with more academic credentials. You will be surprised how soon you also achieve similar credentials and secure senior-level jobs.
4. “Rule no.1. Never lose money. Rule no.2. Never forget rule no.1”
Quite a popular quote, this one. Evaluate and re-evaluate your spending habits. If you spend money without purpose, you may as well forget making it into the top 10(or 1000) rich list.
5. “Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars”
Stay true to your character come what may. If you are promoted to a supervisory position, don’t let the power go to your head.
6. “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks”
Rather than avoiding challenges, tackle them head on. In most cases, you will learn something new and, as a result, expand your skill set.
7. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”
Now is the best time to make the world a better place for our future generations. If you don’t want your children to work hard to make ends meet in the future, now is the time to invest and make money.
8. “You do things when the opportunities come along. I've had periods in my life when I've had a bundle of ideas come along, and I've had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I'll do something. If not, I won't do a damn thing”
In the spirit of striving to make money, it is important to find the right balance between ambition and patience. Don’t make moves that are not well thought out. Wait for the perfect opportunity, and pounce on it.
9. “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don't think I ever doubted it for a minute”
Know what you want, and go for it. Simple.
10. “I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over”
It is okay to know your goals and go for them. But are they smart goals? Are they achievable within a reasonable time frame? In short, set goals that are within your limits.
These are just some of the memorable and inspiring quotes from Warren Buffet. I hope they can shape your way of thinking, and make you do things differently.
Do you have any better quotes from Warren Buffet? Share them with us in the comments section below...