Sometimes we put our health on the backburner when trying to develop ourselves professionally. For some of us, this means making the excuse of being too busy to put an entire plan together for our health goals. For others, this simply means being at a loss about how to start. Yet it is definitely important to keep on top of being healthy and physically fit while pursuing career goals. I can testify that it makes the career development process much easier by increasing one’s energy level and ability to focus on essential tasks. Fortunately, there are many ways to track one’s health management progress in an easy and affordable fashion. Below are seven of the best fitness tracking tools I have come across, which can be accessed on different devices. They all allow you to create a free account and come with many benefits to help you succeed in making good health more of a priority in your life.
1. Online Fitness Log
- You can create your own personal plan for your weight loss and fitness goals. This allows you to visualize how much effort you will need to apply and what day(s) you can expect to achieve your goals.
- You can track your fitness data how much you want, including your health, nutrition, and exercise levels. Online Fitness Log is very flexible with tracking.
- You can compile all your fitness data into manageable and comprehensive information which allows you to see the big picture about your health status. This includes the use of colorful charts for better visualization.
- Go ahead and create your own customized fields within your fitness log for entering your data. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to fitness tracking with Online Fitness Log, so you can be creative and original.
- You can create goals, track your consumption of food, log your physical activity, and accomplish great results with FitDay.
- You can have access to a free calorie counter to properly manage your overall calorie intake each day.
- If you prefer extra assistance to reach your fitness goals, you can recruit the help of a personal online dietitian to create a custom health and fitness plan with you. You can start with a free trial.
- You can even get the FitDay app downloaded to your mobile phone to do your tracking on-the-go.
- With MyFitnessJournal, you can easily track the kinds of foods you eat, and see a comprehensive list of all the foods you have consumed during the day. Your foods can be organized into different meal categories, such as breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and additional foods.
- Get access to nutrition facts for more than 8,000 foods and learn when you have met the recommended daily allowance of nutrients with the RDA chart.
- You can track a variety of physical activities from weight training to walking the dog. Nothing is off limits.
- You can measure important things like weight, body mass index (BMI), body fat, blood pressure, glucose level, and even include your own customized measurements.
- You can choose up to five personal fitness goals and gain support from a virtual coach via SuperTracker.
- Create a nutrition and physical activity plan that is just right for your unique needs.
- Search for nutrition info for thousands of foods, track the foods you eat, and compare them to your target nutrition goals, as well as construct your own recipes.
- Receive guidance on how to manage your weight, in addition to tracking your weight loss over time.
- After signing up with FreeWorkoutLog, you can keep track of all your exercise sessions and see a weekly overview of your physical activity from the homepage.
- More specifically, you can stay up-to-date on your progress relating to workout hours, weight lifted, distance traveled, weight lost, and more.
- Set up a personal calendar to organize the days you tend to your fitness goals. This is a great way to trace your workout history.
- Get access to an overview of the changes that occur to your body over time, such as with waist size and resting heart rate.
- Benefit from embracing a simple philosophy from FitWatch: “Eat better. Move more. Believe in yourself.”
- As for eating better, you can learn how to eat a healthy and balanced diet that suits your lifestyle. This includes tracking your calories, carbs, protein, fat, and more.
- As for moving more, you can learn how to burn unwanted fat, build strong muscles, and improve your flexibility level.
- As for believing in yourself, you can get the chance to understand the real relationship you have with food, and exercise with focus on creating better lifestyle habits for yourself.
- You can engage in fun social activities to make your workouts more enjoyable, including friendly competitions.
- MapMyFitness, like several other fitness trackers, allows you to track your physical activity and food consumption levels conveniently. This includes the use of mobile apps.
- If you like to run, you can choose from over 70 million running routes, or you can create your own.
- There are other languages available for you to choose from to access this website in, such as Spanish, Japanese, and Italian.
Do you have any experience with using a fitness tracking tool already? Do you know of any other great tools not already on this list? Please share your thoughts and suggestions with me in the comment section below!