How to become a Certified Hospitality Digital Marketer
Certified hospitality digital marketers optimize online revenue through pay per click management, search engine optimization and other methods in the vast field of social media. This career is fit for technologically minded individuals who are orderly and would like to convey messages with the intention of publicizing products and services in the hospitality industry.
What Do Certified Hospitality Digital Marketers Do?
Duties for hospitality digital marketers include but are not limited to:
- Developing a marketing stratagem for a company’s product
- Performing consumer research to find out the best methods to reach a wider customer base
- Managing budgets and planning campaigns
- Organizing the creation of brochures and posters
- Designing and executing social media strategies
- Attending sales meetings, trade shows and conferences
- Ensuring that campaigns meet their deadlines and adhere to their budget
- Keeping a watchful eye and preparing reports on the efficiency of campaigns and strategies
- Administering the marketing assistants and executives
Generally, digital marketers take home median annual salary of £32,500.
Annual Median Salary
Source: Total Jobs
The position of a certified hospitality digital marketer requires you to have the following important qualities:
- A creative approach
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Motivation, drive and initiative
- Ability to lead others and work as part of a team
- Ability to accomplish tasks within the set deadlines
- Attention to detail
- People skills
- Excellent budgeting skills
- Excellent business sense
The entry requirements for certified hospitality digital marketers vary according to position. However, a large number of employers prefer candidates who have secured a bachelor’s degree in Internet marketing or any other related field. Scholars in this program make comparisons between internet marketing and traditional marketing. These programs provide them with the insight on Search Engine Optimization, Web analytics, budget management and pay-per-click advertising.
Those who aspire to practice in higher ranks should consider pursuing a master’s degree in digital marketing. There are a number of institutions that offer master’s degrees in digital marketing as well as integrated marketing with a specialization in digital marketing. There are also certificate programs available for those who have pursued a master’s degree in general marketing. These programs include various subjects such as:
- Campaign management and strategic marketing
- Website usability
- Viral marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Internet Product branding
To become a certified hospitality digital marketer, you need to seek accreditation from recognized bodies. This accreditation is gained upon successful completion of three modules and passing a qualifying exam. With increased experience, you can manage a group of other hospitality digital marketers whereby you manage all marketing campaigns from the early stages of program management to implementation.
Certified hospitality digital marketers have a vast knowledge of digital marketing. Since digital marketing is an important requirement in the hospitality industry, there are many job openings for certified hospitality digital marketers. Jobs for these professionals are publicized in the national, local and industry press as well as other specialist recruitment organizations. According to the NCS, job opportunities in this sector are set to increase up to 2,260,000 by 2020 in the UK. Even though they work in their offices, certified hospitality digital marketers might have to travel for the purpose of meeting clients and attending product launches and conferences.
If you have the excellent management skills necessary to motivate and lead a team to meet tight deadlines, this career is ideal for you.