Do you feel low in energy and concentration? Are you moody and irritable with colleagues and friends for no reason? Well besides having a personality disorder, it could be that you’re not giving your body and mind what it needs in the morning. Breakfast makes you healthier and happier.
In my article on Time Management, (which I provide a link to here:https://www.careeraddict.com/time-management) I stressed on how getting up 15 minutes earlier could be the change you need to be ahead of your game. Take advantage of that extra precious time to feed your body and prepare for your day at the office, at work, or an important meeting. A good breakfast will keep you focused and concentrated which will lead to a more successful day!
Our moms told us, cereal commercials tell us, and nutritionists say the same thing. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
One in four people skip breakfast during the week and one in six adults NEVER eat breakfast. Experts claim that eating breakfast has long term health benefits. It can reduce obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
There are foods that promote a happier environment in our body and mind. Next time you say ‘Good morning’ to your colleague you’ll actually mean it! There are foods that make you feel more alive and ready to attack the day, instead of your friends and colleagues!
- Breakfast gives you energy. 25% of your daily intake should come from your breakfast.
- Breakfast gives your brain a boost. Just like any other organ, your brain needs energy in order to work, and stay focused and concentrated.
- Breakfast can make you happier. Eating something in the morning can make you feel less stressed. Going for long periods without food can make you moody.
- Breakfast is good for keeping your weight in check. Skipping breakfast can make you reach for high sugar and fatty snacks.
- Breakfast provides us with important nutrients. It fuels our body with calcium, iron, B vitamin, protein and fiber.
I know how hard it is to get that first meal in, that’s why besides getting up 15 minutes earlier, today I’m gonna share 2 quick breakfast meals that take no time at all and have been my personal life saviors!
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion
Melt the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and then pour in the eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir just until fully cooked and then stir in the salsa. Continue cooking until the salsa is heated through. Place on a plate and top with Greek yogurt and sprinkle the green onion over all. This makes one serving.
- 6 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk, unflavored
In a blender combine the yogurt with the banana cut in chunks, and blend on medium speed. Add the milk and blend until smooth. This makes one serving.