If you are a university student and would like to work for Allianz, this is the perfect time for you to apply for an internship with the organisation. The German multinational financial services company with its headquarters in Munich, which has been the world’s largest insurance company since 2013, is currently looking to recruit students like you. If you are interested, this article offers some very useful tips in regards to getting an internship with Allianz and provides information on what it actually involves.
The Allianz Group is looking for students who can join their financial community offering available internship opportunities at various organisational entities across the globe. Depending on your location, opportunities exist with Allianz Life in US or UK, Allianz France, Allianz Germany, PIMCO and Allianz Global Assistance. So, if you want to become an intern with Allianz, you can send your CV at any time since applications are welcome throughout the year or apply for the summer internship scheme.
In order to become an intern at Allianz SE global headquarters or any other Allianz company in Germany there are some basic requirements that need to be met:
- You must be enrolled at a university throughout the duration of the internship or be in the gap year between your undergraduate and postgraduate degree.
- You may need a German income tax card.
- You will need a social insurance certificate for your internship - excluding mandatory internships.
- You will need a work permit if you come from a European Union country that joined the EU after 2004 and if you intend to work more than 90 days.
- You will need work and residence permits if you come from a non-European country.
Other requirements may need to be met first in order for you to be able to get an internship with Allianz depending on the location. Check Allianz’s careers website to get more information on these requirements.
Here are some of the benefits Allianz offers to interns:
- An opportunity to participate at special events such as the tour of the Allianz Arena, a visit to the Allianz general meeting or a tour through the Allianz Center for Technology.
- An opportunity to take part in the AZ SE Intern Program and enjoy exclusive benefits if you are amongst the top students including invitations to events, professional workshops, international internships and individual career coaching.
If you want to work for Allianz, possessing the following skills and qualities is essential:
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions swiftly and put these into practical use.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good organisation and task planning skills.
- Self-motivated and achievement orientated.
- Confidence and ability to influence others.
The interview with Allianz
The good news is, around 70% of students who got an internship with Allianz are now working for the organisation. This means that it’s not impossible to get in! According to Glassdoor, 54% of people who got the interview applied online, which means you will have greater chances of getting that internship by applying through the company’s official website.
Moreover, in regards to the interview itself, 63% people rated their interview experience as positive. The level of interview difficulty shouldn’t stop you from applying since it scores an average level of difficulty with 3.2 out of 5.
Learn more about Allianz
Follow Allianz’s LinkedIn profile to stay up to date with news regarding the company and discover new career opportunities. You could also connect with current Allianz employees and learn more about the culture of the organisation and what the company is currently working on. What you need to do is research the organisation and get familiar with how it works so that you are better prepared to meet the big team and increase your chances of working for the Allianz Group.
Have you completed an internship with Allianz? Let us know about your experience in the comments section below!