Patience is a virtue, a popular phrase says, and this stands true in every walk of life. Patience gives way to remarkable results and it can lead to positive recognition. A well-rounded leader sets himself apart from others by mastering the skills of patience and not giving up. Patience also helps you avoid making impulsive decisions and teaches you self-control, calmness and humility. A study conducted by parcel and postage comparison website Interparcel.com, earlier this year has revealed some interesting findings regarding the limits of British patience:
- British people can wait up to 10 seconds for a web page to load
- They are only willing to wait up to 13 minutes for a delayed train
- They will wait up to 16 seconds for an online video to buffer
- 50% of British people have noticed they have become more impatient in the last five years
- Almost a third of British people (30%) sit still in traffic before considering another route
- Men are more likely to describe themselves as “very patient” compared with women.
Check out this infographic to see the limits in different situations and how strong British patience really is, especially in today’s fast-paced business environment.