There are mixed feelings when it comes to rapper Kanye West. There are many who rate him and others who slate him. However, if there’s one thing we’re sure about, it’s his passion and devotion to fashion and music.
Kanye West loves what he does and he has a very strong desire to succeed. This is something we like about him. The hip-hop artist’s creative mind and intelligence regarding fashion and music was aired during his interview with BBC Radio. Yes, he came across as big headed and it may have sounded as though he was ranting. But Kanye West was simply inspiring his audience with some lessons of success.
1. “When someone comes up and says something like, ‘I am a god,’ somebody says, ‘Who does he think he is?’ I just told you who I thought I was! A god!”
Kanye suggests we all take our self-belief to another level. Forget being humble and modest. Show everyone who you really are.
2. “I always feel like I can do anything. That’s the main thing people are controlled by: thoughts and perceptions of yourself… If you’re taught you can’t do anything, you won’t do anything.”
Don’t listen to what people tell you and don't fall victim to their words. There will always be someone trying to bring you down. Rise above, says Kanye.
3. “At this point, I’m a slave to my passion. I’m a slave to my mission.”
Kanye insists you put all your time and energy into what you enjoy doing. Give it your all.
4. “It’s about whatever I want to make it about. It’s my world.”
In other words, Kanye is saying to take control of your life and your ambitions. You are in charge of succeeding.
5. “You can’t ever tell me what dream to have and what not to have, or the level of importance.”
Kanye advises to never be misguided by the mediocre. You know your worth.
As it seems, Mr West has a drive to thrive and whether you like him or not, his words can be quite motivational…