Coffee is normally the first thing on our minds as soon as we wake up! Many of us need it to get our day started; but a hgih caffeine intake is not good for your health. Here we have compiled the top 10 ways you can get that morning 'kick start' without drinking coffee!
- Play the soundtrack of your day: Jump out of bed and turn on the music! You need to creat a morning playlist of all the tunes that get you in a happy mood. Scientists have reported in many studies that music can increase your adrenaline and boost your mood.
- Drink more water: Water sounds like such a boring, lame alternative to coffee, but it can do wonders. We need to hydrate our body in the morning to get through the day.
- Yoga: It works and not just for almost every celebrity such as Beyonce. There’s a reason many Yogis practice the Sun Salutation sequence to start their day. You get the boost without expending too much energy. Plus, yoga can literally help you be better at work. You will have a clearer understanding of your daily tasks and you will be ready to go for them.
- Have a cup of green tea: Green tea is much healthier than coffee and will give us the energy we need to go through the day.
- Wear bright colors :Certain colors can put you in different moods, for example, orange is considered to boost your energy.
- Take a cold shower: Sounds terrible, but this is a surefire way to wake yourself up in the morning. If the Romans used to do it, then why can’t you? If you are not quite up for a cold shower just splash some water on your face.
- Eat kiwis: Bananas and oranges are great but the kiwi is a superfood! Fruits will always give you a rush of energy.
- Stay in the light: Sun exposure helps the body produce vitamin D, which is important for good health. It also boosts serotonin levels, which can improve mood and help you sleep better.
- Go on a run: You are totally awake, alert, and focused after a run. This in turn increases your productivity. Plus, your exercise is out of the way.
- Laugh: Laughter can be the best medicine and a great energy booster. Watch a funny video when you wake up or think of a story that always makes you laugh.
What non-caffeine activities help increase your energy in the morning? Give your comments below!