Green tea has been around for years, originally coming from China; it has been a dominant part of Asian cultures for centuries. There has been a recent hype surrounding green tea in the West as everyone, from lawyers and doctors to business professionals and bankers, flocks to absorb the health benefits of this natural product.
Here are 7 heath benefits of drinking green tea at work that you should know about:
- Blood Pressure - Green tea helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure provided that an individual consumes it on a regular basis.
- Depression - Theanine is an amino acid that helps reduce mental as well as physical stress. This amino acid is found in the leaves of camellia sinensis that are components of green tea. It is said to have a tranquilizing effect on the person who consumes it, leading to a stress free and calm state of mind.
- Heart Disease - Since green tea regulated blood pressure and blood circulation in the body, scientists believe that it can essentially help prevent heart diseases such as blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Weight Loss- One of the most advertised benefits of green tea is an increase in metabolism - which essentially causes your body to turn food into calories at a faster rate.
- Anti-Ageing - The anti-oxidant properties of green tea help reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the skin, thus being an excellent product for skincare.
- Teeth and Bones - ‘Catechin’ is a component of green tea that eliminates bacteria as well as viruses. This means that consumers are less likely to experience throat infections and tooth decay. Additionally, green tea reduces the growth of bacteria in your mouth that leads to bad breath!
- Alzheimer’s Disease - While there is no cure for Alzheimer’s, green tea helps fight the disease as it helps with memory retention by boosting your brain.
These are just some of the benefits of green tea, it is said to reduce cholesterol, improve immunity and reduce risk of liver disease. The health properties of the tea are limitless, and this is why it is important to drink it during your work hours. It is advised to drink between 3-5 cups of green tea a day to decrease risk of stomach cancer, experience weight loss and all the above mentioned benefits!