Welcome to Wednesday, or to those of you suffering in silence in a job you don’t like, the ‘mid-week’ meltdown!
Wednesdays are simply the worst day of the week; its been a good few days since your weekend and the effects of a relaxing Sunday have well and truly worn off by now, yet the weekend seems so far away! By Wednesday, you have got back into your mundane routine and your mind is set to meltdown.
Reasons Wednesday’s suck…
#1 You are neither refreshed from the previous weekend, nor anywhere near to the next weekend – you are essentially smack bang in the middle of the week: no man’s land.
#2 You will have put up with an entire 2 days of work already, so your ‘Monday enthusiasm’ will definitely have drained by now.
#3 The weekend plans are just so far away you get frustrated even thinking about them!
How to survive your Wednesday mid-week meltdown
- Make plans for after work – this will make your day pass quicker and give you something nice to look forward to.
- Treat yourself at lunch – not only will this make the morning pass relatively fast, but treating yourself at lunch will also give you a nice ‘pick me up’.
- Eat a healthy and hearty breakfast - this will set you up for the day and give you the energy you need to make it with a positive attitude and smile on your face.
- Dress to impress (yourself) – sick of the tired old business suit or blouse? Put on your new top or wear an outfit that makes you feel good about yourself. Just be sure to avoid overly revealing clothes; no-one wants to see you in your Saturday night glad rags.
- Take your favourite snacks to work with you – when you get a bit fed up or someone annoys you, stick a snack in your mouth rather having a rant.
So remember to try and not lose hope on Wednesday. After all Friday is not far off.