As your career evolves, so should your resume. As a senior professional you need to highlight your expertise, value and professionalism that you bring with your long-standing experience. In order to help you achieve this, professional resume writing services, ResumeTarget came up with this infographic, to help you build the perfect senior professional resume.
Here are a few highlights:
Do you have anything worth telling?
- Any awards or honours received in previous roles?
- Problems or challenges you encountered? How did you overcome them?
- Positive outcomes from process improvements that you implemented?
Tailor your resume to the specific position you’re applying for.
- Use specific industry terms and jargon, list appropriate skills and experiences that are in line with the job requirements.
The nuts and bolts:
- Underline the value you bring to the company with a fresh and compelling branding statement and communicate in what ways your experience can help solve the company’s problems.
- List your positions in a chronological order, unless your most relevant position is not the most recent.
- List all relevant degrees that you have, and certifications and training that contributed to your professional development.
- Make sure to send your application to the right department and follow the company’s instructions.
- Refine your LinkedIn profile and connect with the biggest players in the industry.
Check out this valuable infographic to find out more tips on how to spruce up your resume so that you get the interview call for your dream position.