Whether you’re hustling to get your dream business started, just entering the workplace, or a seasoned CEO running a company, there’ll be those inevitable days when everything that could go wrong does go wrong, and you wish you could just disappear.
When it comes to dealing with stress, cognitive reappraisal techniques are often prescribed by psychologists and therapists; it is the ability to reframe and reappraise a situation in a way that empowers you to push through. Quotes are a powerful way to do this. Small snippets of wisdom allow you to perceive a situation in a completely different light.
Sometimes, just taking a moment to breathe and reflect on a simple quote can make a world of difference. Here are 10 great motivational quotes to push you through those rough days:
1. “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ’I will try again tomorrow”
― Mary Anne Radmacher
2. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle and a victory.”
— Mahatma Gandhi
4. “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.”
― Denis Waitley
5. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
— Haruki Murakami
6. "Remember sadness is always temporary. This, too, shall pass."
— Chuck T. Falcon
7. I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
8. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
― Maya Angelou
9. "Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”
― J.K. Rowling
10. “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
— Randy Pausch
A great practice is to memorize quotes by writing theme down on a small note card. Do that with these ten quotes. That way, anytime a frustrating situation presents itself, you can immediate allow your mind to reframe and push through.
See also: Top Motivational Quotes for Employees