We all know who Walt Disney is. In case you don’t, Disney is basically the genius behind all our favorite cartoon characters like Mickey Mouse, Aladdin, Winnie the Pooh, and – who can forget? – Timon and Pumbaa.
While Disney is said to have been cryogenically frozen and his frozen corpse stored beneath the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ ride at Disneyland, this is, sadly, untrue. Another rumor is that he was quite the racist back in the day, and although he grew up in a time where just about everybody was racially insensitive, he successfully campaigned for an Honorary Academy Award for James Baskett who starred in the controversial ‘Song of the South’. And let’s not forget the claims that he was anti-Semitic.
Disney was never a stranger to controversy, even during his lifetime, but he is widely credited for releasing the first animated feature film, ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarves’, opening the first theme park in 1955, and for being the winner of 26 Academy Awards.
If there’s anything his life story and career teaches us is that anything’s possible if you put your heart to it. And this collection of motivational quotes from Disney aim to inspire you to do just that.
See also: Best Motivational Quotes from Beyoncé
- "The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique."
- "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable."
- "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
- "Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future."
- "I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."
- "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
- "Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking of what’s wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
- "You reach a point where you don’t work for money."
- "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
- "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
- "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn’t know how to get along without it."
- "Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better."
- "Money doesn’t excite me – my ideas excite me."
- "It’s kind of fun to do the impossible."
- "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained."
- "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
- "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
- "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."
- "The difference in winning and losing is most often… not quitting."
Do you know of any other motivational quotes from Walt Disney that should be on this list? Have any of these 20 quotes motivated you in any way? Let us know in the comments section below!