We all have ideas--some good, some bad, and some pretty darn awesome! However, being able to take your idea and turn it into a source of income may be a bit harder than you think.
How to Earn Money from Your Ideas
If you have an idea that you think is amazing, how can you monetize it? Here are a few things you can do:
- Teach it to others -- If your idea is how to be more productive, achieve better results with less time and effort, or how to improve your life, that’s an idea you can share with others. There is always a need for motivational speakers to share new, creative ideas and methods of operating, and you may find that you can turn your idea into money by teaching it to others!
- Blog about it --For those who have a simpler, smaller idea, why not start a blog to share that idea with others? It’s a bit harder to monetize a blog, but it can be done. You can share your idea via your blog, and market products that will help them to achieve the goal you are promoting--be it weight loss, romantic success, better work relationships, and so on.
- Turn it into a service -- The number of new and creative services has increased exponentially in the last few years. Look at Uber, a service that allows you to call a car no matter where in the country you are. It started out as someone’s brilliant idea, and it has become a hugely popular service. See if you can take that idea and turn it into a service that others would be willing to pay for.
- Film it -- If your idea is something that can be captured on camera, why not film it and post it online? Sites like MetaCafe actually pay you if your video gets a lot of traffic, and you’ll find that it’s a simple way to earn more money from your ideas.
- Sell it -- Got a great idea for a book, a comic book, a movie, a video game, or a song? Why not find someone to sell it to? You may not make a lot of money just selling the idea, but it’s always worth the try. You can pitch it to the people who will do the creation, and you can be signed on to work as a producer or creator. Not a bad way to monetize your idea!
- Write about it -- Why not write a book to help people learn about your idea? If your idea is for an amazing story, for a self-help technique that can work wonders, or for something that can make people’s lives easier, it could be worth writing about. Who knows, your book may sell well and open up the door for a host of other opportunities.
- Start your own company -- If the idea you have is something that can be turned into a business, it may be a worthwhile investment of your savings.
There are so many ways to make money from an idea--it’s all about how creative you can be, and how much value your idea provides to others!