Did you know anxiety disorders are the most common psychiatric illnesses? Despite the fact that anxiety is a normal part of the human experience, sometimes it can get out of your control and, as a result, lead to devastating effects.
Essentially, anxiety conditions can seriously damage your physical and mental wellbeing or your loved ones, unless it is properly treated. This infographic from GME, the Global Medical Education helps you understand anxiety disorders providing an overview on what we mean by anxiety disorders with reference to different types of anxiety and symptoms. Also, since such conditions are very treatable, it recommends a few treatment methods used by doctors to help you or people you care for overcome anxiety disorders.
- People with anxiety disorders are 6 times more likely to be hospitalised for psychiatric disorders.
- Almost 60% of all patients with major depression had an anxiety disorder.
- Over 4 out of 10 people with Bipolar I and II disorders have a diagnosable anxiety disorder.
- Over 70% of people who suffer from Hypertension, Diabetes and Arthritis also have anxiety disorders.
- Brain chemistry, genetics and environment contribute to the development of anxiety disorders.
Types of Anxiety Disorders:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Specific Phobias
Take a look at this infographic to get more information on what anxiety disorders are and check which well-known celebrities have an anxiety disorder, but still lead a successful life!