With the proliferation of blogs on the internet, there has been a huge demand for content. As a result, there are many blog owners out there willing to pay for quality content. If you are a blogger, you can make a good income writing for other blogs
Besides making money, how else can you benefit from writing for other blogs?
- Name recognition – Writing on different blogs allows you to get exposure. When people see your name in several blogs, they will recognize you as an authority in your subject
- Networking – Building networks is very important for any blogger. One of the best ways of building relationships with other bloggers is by writing for other blogs
- Learning – Most blogs have guidelines which writers are required to adhere to. Therefore, writing for other blogs will be an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and learn new things. Consequently, your writing skills are likely to improve
- Variety – Writing for other blogs allows you to explore a wide range of subjects. In addition, it gives you the chance to reach new audiences
Here are some tips which can help you make money writing for other blogs:
1. Announce your availability
Let it be known that you are available to be hired for writing jobs. You could create a ‘hire me’ page on your blog highlighting the kind of expertise you are able to offer. To backup your claims, it would be advisable to show samples of previous work, as well as some testimonials. You could also post details about yourself on sites such as Blogger Jobs and Craigslist.
2. Check blogging job boards
There are several places online where blogging jobs are advertised. This includes sites such as ProBlogger Job Board, Blogger Jobs and Freelance Writing Gigs. Visit such sites frequently to find blogging jobs which suit you.
3. Update your own blog frequently
Your blog can be a very effective tool for attracting paying jobs. Therefore, while writing for others, you need to ensure that your blog remains a priority. Take time to update it with fresh content regularly.
4. Write free guest posts
Before getting paid writing jobs, you could consider writing free guest posts for several blogs. As you build a reputation as an expert in your subject, blog owners will be ready to hire you to write for them.
5. Make use of social media
Social media is one of the best ways of generating traffic to your blog posts. Whenever you write a new post, remember to promote it on all your social media profiles. In addition, make sure all your posts have social media share buttons. When your posts attract a lot of attention, your writing services will be more in demand.
6. Don’t overlook lower paying jobs
At times, you will come across writing jobs which don’t pay much. However, such low paying jobs might offer other benefits such as the opportunity to contribute to a well-known blog or connect with an influential individual. Therefore, don’t be quick to overlook such jobs.
As you continue writing content for others and building a name, you will be in a position to negotiate with your clients for higher rates.
Image courtesy of Blogging