Dubai stands out as one of the most lucrative options when it comes to working in the middle-east. Be it the finance sector, the real estate sphere or the manufacturing industry, proliferated growth has been observed everywhere in the last 5 years.
See also: Living and Working in Dubai
Moreover, with substantial growth in the major portions of the economy, sectors which merely existed in the 20th century have made their mark and created plentiful job opportunities for professionals from all over the world. One of these sectors is Supply chain management. The discussion to follow will give you an insight regarding the status of this sector in Dubai and the opportunities that stand for people with the desired skill set and prowess.
Supply Chain Industry in Dubai
- As defined by Wikipedia, Supply chain management stands for the systematic, strategic and timely co-ordination of traditional business operations, functions and strategies across various business functions with a specific organization within the supply chain, to improve the long-term performance of the company and supply chain on the whole.
- With rejuvenation of the real estate and construction sectors coupled with the on growing retail, healthcare and FMCG sectors, growth has majorly been driven in the supply chain and procurement sector.
- Dubai has emerged as one of the most sought-after destinations in terms of expatriate population in the workforce. There has been an exponential growth in the number of supply chain jobs and professionals, particularly in the numbers coming from Egypt and Europe.
- Salary levels not only in Dubai, but all across the GCC Supply chain and procurement community have considerably increased by 5-7%. Multinational organizations maintain their competency in attracting foreign talent from all across the globe. Moreover, owing to the EXPO 2020 and other public and private sector strategies, opportunities as well as the salary levels are expected to witness some substantial growth in the coming years.
Job profiles available
There are numerous profiles the Dubai supply chain industry provides a skilled expat with. Some of them can be sought in the points below:
Entry level Jobs
Supply Chain analyst
A supply chain analyst has the essential role of using analytics and quantitative methods to understand, strategize and enhance the supply chain process. He assembles data, analyzes performance, identifies problems and develops various solutions. A logistics analyst shares the same job description as a supply chain analyst. Supply chain analysts all over the UAE earn an average of AED 10,000 per month or AED 120,000 per year.
A person with this job profile is responsible for scheduling and revising shipment plans to ensure right distribution of products and services to satisfy the end user. He/she analyzes the inventory levels, production speed and the demand for various products to determine the deficit and the reorder quantity required. Salary associated with this profile is AED 175,828 per year.
An operations supervisor acts as a frontline leader with the control of various distribution centers in his hands. She/he supervises a shift of hourly workers by providing leadership, motivation and training to the team and earns AED 101, 728 per annum.
Management level positions
Supply Chain Manager
One of the most important and in-demand profiles in this sector, a supply chain manager has the key role of managing all supply chain functions, such as production planning, material procurement, inventory control, warehouse management and customer services related to the logistics department.
A supply chain manager has the key responsibility of maintaining cordial relationships with the manufacturing, storage and logistics partners by organizing regular meetings. Things like maintaining the supply chain cost and budgeting the whole process also falls under his jurisdiction.
The salary associated with this profile is as shown below:
- 0-3 years of experience: 22,000-30,000 AED per month
- 3-5 years of experience: 30,000-40,000 AED per month
- 5-8 years of experience: 40,000-50,000 AED per month
- More than 8 years of experience: 50,000-60,000 AED per month
Inventory Planning and Control Manager
A professional responsible for forming the inventory strategy to ensure in-stock position with lowest possible levels of inventory holds this position. She/he also interacts with the production scheduling, purchasing and marketing department. According to reputed websites, the average salary in this department is AED 16,068 per month.
Operations and Transportation Manager
He/she serves the essential job of directing the effectiveness of private, third party and contract carriage systems. A professional with this profile also manages workers and operations to assure timely and cost-efficient transportation of shipments.
The Operations manager, on the other hand, works with the motive of improving the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission.
- 0-3 years of experience: 20,000-30,000 AED per month
- 3-5 years of experience: 26,000-35,000 AED per month
- 5-8 years of experience: 36,000-45,000 AED per month
- More than 8 years of experience: 45,000-60,000 AED per month
Director of Supply Chain Planning
A director of supply chain planning develops strategic and operating plans to ensure that the company has appropriate resources to support the forecasted business and the projected growth.
He also communicates the resource plans to make the firm reach to a consensus on sales, supply chain and production responding to the current market.
The salary of a professional with this profile varies with experience:
- 0-3 years of experience: 30,000-35,000 AED per month
- 3-5 years of experience: 40,000-55,000 AED per month
- 5-8 years of experience: 55,000-65,000 AED per month
- More than 8 years of experience : 65,000-80,000 AED per month
See also: The Top 10 Highest Paid Jobs in Dubai
As it is quite evident from the discussion above, job openings in the Dubai supply chain industry are diverse and with high remuneration, when compared to other countries. So, all one needs is to find the role which suits him/her the best according to the skills one possesses.