If you are looking to intern at a company where there are future employment positions available, you may be interested in interning at TD Industries. For the last 17 years, this company has been named by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Places to Work”. Seventeen years is a long time to hold a record of excellence with regard to best places to work.
One reason that TD Industries has held this title is that they operate under the philosophy of offering “careers and not jobs”. As a student, wouldn’t you like to begin a career at a company where they cultivate careers rather than jobs? This company offers stability for their employees and has been consistent in maintaining a “turnover rate that is one-quarter of the industry average.” For more details on how to secure an internship with this company, check out the information in this article.
1. About TD Industries
TD Industries is headquartered in Dallas, TX, and they have facilities in the following locations: Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Phoenix, San Antonio and Weslaco. As a premiere construction and facilities services company, they specialize in the following areas of expertise:
- Building Systems
- Facilities Maintenance
- Professional Services
- Transport Services
As an intern, how would you feel about starting a career at a company that is 100% employee owned? At TD Industries, the company is employee owned. The workplace culture is innovative and continually cultivating professional development and productivity. As an intern, you will be challenged to excel at your tasks and grow as a career-oriented individual.
Ken Luong is an engineering major who interned at the company and said that he was “challenged to step outside his comfort zone to gain a much richer experience.” Are you interested in being challenged to step outside the box, expand your thinking and move out of your own comfort zones? If so, take a look at securing an internship at TD Industries.
2. Internship Program & Company Culture
The summer internship program at TD Industries is a fun, eventful and highly informative learning experience where you participate in a variety of departments in the company. There are several key events that interns will have the opportunity to participate in.
- Partner Events - During the summer internship Partner Events interns are encouraged to interact and network with new full-time employees who were also previous interns with the company. This way, all new interns have an opportunity to speak with and gain first-hand knowledge from actual individuals who interned at the company. Sounds like an excellent way to learn more about the company and why these previous interns decided to pursue a career at TD Industries. During this event, you will also be able to meet with key senior leaders to discuss the company and what you can expect from your internship.
- Cookout – As mentioned, the workplace atmosphere is fun so you can look forward to participating in a cookout in the TD Woods, which is an open green space on the headquarters property. During this cookout, all employees are encouraged to attend. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to speak to the employees, network with them and gain additional knowledge about the company workplace culture.
- WhirlyBall – The summer internship program wraps up with a fun game of WhirlyBall which combines lacrosse, hockey and basketball with bumper cars. Interns participate in the game with all the other employees, even the CEO of the company! The many accomplishments of the interns are celebrated and it is a wonderful, fun way to end the summer internship program.
3. How to Apply for an Internship
According to the website, the summer internship program is currently underway and there are no current available positions. However, you can contact the company directly to apply for the next summer internship program scheduled for 2016.
The company headquarters main phone number is 972-888-9675. You can visit the company website for the main office address or fax your resume with cover letter to 972-888-9578. For more information regarding actual job positions available, you can visit their career search page to search the database and to save positions or sign up for future job alerts. Additionally, you can connect with TD Industries on their LinkedIn or YouTube Channel for alerts and updates regarding the company.
The application process takes only a few days for a review by the HR Department at TD Industries. The company culture is employee-focused so you should feel more at ease during the intern interview process.
If you have an adventurous spirit and want to work for a fun, positive and innovative company, check into securing a spot in the 2016 Summer Internship Program today.