Finding the right job may seem challenging in today’s highly competitive market, but it’s all about knowing where to look! There are many opportunities that you may never encounter if you’re not in the right place, at the right time. Thankfully, with the internet, you can learn about local, national, and international job opportunities that will help you advance your career.
See Also: How to Get a Job with Wells Fargo
If you’re looking for a great job with a stable company, Royal Dutch Shell is one of the best options to consider! Read on to find out how to land a job with Royal Dutch Shell the smart way.
1. About Royal Dutch Shell
Also known as Shell, Royal Dutch Shell is a multinational oil and gas company. Its headquarters are located in the Netherlands, but it is incorporated in the United Kingdom. It is one of the six "oil supermajors" in the world, and is one of the world’s most valuable companies.
If you are trying to get a job at Royal Dutch Shell, the best place to do that is either in the UK or in the Netherlands. Shell has corporate offices in both the Netherlands and the UK, and there are employment opportunities in both countries.
2. Available Positions at Royal Dutch Shell
If you are a professional, Royal Dutch Shell has a position that you can fill! There are employment positions for people from all career paths, including:
- IT/Computer Science
- Human Resources
You can find a long list of all the job areas at the Shell website.
3. Employee Benefits at Royal Dutch Shell
Shell is dedicated to providing their employees with a comfortable, positive workplace environment where productivity can thrive. Not only does the company offer a competitive salary, but they also offer rewards for excellent performance.
The benefits are not the same around the world. Some locations offer dental and medical coverage, along with subsidized sports facilities, car parking, and other benefits. Shell offers an extensive social network for employees, including:
- Shell Africa Network
- Young Shell Network
- Shell Women’s Network
- Shell Sports Club
- Shell Disability Network
Long-term employees will be able to enroll in the Shell Share programme, investing in the company and earning dividends as the company’s stock price rises.
4. How to Get the Job
If you are a student, Shell offers a Graduate Programme for graduates looking for full-time employment. Graduate students receive hands-on training to gain experience and learn about the Shell standards of operation. Those completing the programme are often eligible for full-time jobs.
Students can also benefit from the Assessed Internship programme. Students work alongside full-time employees and professionals on real-life projects, earning both real experience and academic credits.
For professionals, the best way to get a job at Royal Dutch Shell is to use the Job Search tool provided on the Shell website. Using this search engine, you will be able to look through all of the job opportunities in your country and your field, as well as opportunities in all industries around the world.
The application process is simple:
- Find the job. Do this using the Job Search tool.
- Register to Shell and create a profile, and use this profile to submit the application. It can take up to 48 hours to receive the confirmation email.
- Monitor your application status. From your Shell account, you can keep an eye on your application to see if it has been approved or rejected.
- Attend the telephone interview. If your application is approved, you will likely be called for a 45-minute phone interview. This usually takes place within two weeks of the application being received.
- Attend the assessment. This is an in-person event that takes place a week after the telephone interview. It will usually require about 4 hours of your time for testing, behavioral interview, professional interview, and presentation. It may even involve a few exercises to test your professional competence.
See Also: How to Get a Job with Duke Energy
Working at Royal Dutch Shell is a great professional move, as the company offers solid employment and a competitive salary. Thankfully, it’s quick and easy to apply to Shell, and you have a great chance of landing that job!