If you’re looking for an internship in the Marietta, GA area where you can utilize your talents in a community education and outreach program, consider interning at the WellStar Internship Program. This is an excellent opportunity for you to expand your horizons and add to your resume while, developing as a professional and furthering your career. This article will address the process of securing an internship at WellStar.
1. About the company
WellStar is a healthcare community that serves over 600,000 people. As an intern, you would be involved in a company that employs over 11,000 employees. This healthcare provider has five hospitals in the Marietta, GA area with over 1000 beds in each facility. Working Mother Magazine has named WellStar one of the “Top 100 Companies to Work For”. When you intern at WellStar, you will have the opportunity to learn from a healthcare environment where the Physicians Group has demonstrated excellence in medical care and dedication to those they serve. WellStar has been making a difference in the community, and as an intern, you can become part of that positive force which impacts peoples’ lives.
2. Responsibilities & requirements for interning
As an intern at WellStar, you will be working under the direction of the Supervisor managing the Community Education & Outreach Center. When participating in the internship program, interns will be responsible for the following workplace activities:
- Design – Assists in the design of the health promotion services.
- Development – Involved in the development of the wellness services program.
- Delivery – Participates in the actual delivery of various health and wellness services.
- Evaluation – Contributes in the evaluation period where the program is reviewed.
If you are interested in interning in the WellStar internship program, you should review the following listing of basic requirements for participation:
- Certification from the American Heart Association for BLS (Basic Life Support).
- Excellent organization skills which can be incorporated into work performance.
- Clinical field capability to assist in the implementation of the health program.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in the workplace and service programs.
Aptitude for cultivating positive workplace relationships with managers and staff.
3. Benefits for internship participation
Do you feel that you are one of tomorrow’s leaders? If you do, you are the type of innovative student intern that the management at WellStar is seeking. As an intern at WellStar, you will be provided with a variety of benefits. Consider some of the following benefits for interns:
- Education & Mentoring – The management offers adult basic education courses at their facilities and they partner with Cobb County Adult Education for these academic courses (ELP and GED completion). The School at Work Program (SAW) is offered to educate entry level employees and provides them with mentoring from fellow employees.
- Career Fairs – Management offers career fairs to inform interns about next step jobs in the company and how they can further their professional career at WellStar. Career preparation classes are taught so that interns are educated on the most efficient way to become more productive in the workplace and achieve professional success.
- Learning Network – Interns also have the opportunity to participate in the WellStar Learning Network (WLN) where they can learn about the organization and further their career development through a variety of academic courses and access to resources.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Interns and employees are offered tuition reimbursement so that they can further their career goals while also developing as competent employees.
- Clinical Rotations – Nursing students who attend the following universities are given the opportunity to participate in clinical rotations at WellStar: Kennesaw State University, Georgia Highlands College, Chattahoochee Technical College, North Georgia College and State University, University of West Georgia and Georgia State University.
4. How to apply for an internship
If you would like to apply for the Student Intern Community Education & Outreach position at WellStar, you can visit their career link page and apply online. This student intern position will be completed in the Marietta, GA facility. All applicants are required to complete the application process online. You need to create log in information for your profile account. Then you will be asked to upload your resume and provide additional contact information. The online application process is user-friendly.
See Also: How to Get an Internship with Microsoft
Working as an intern at WellStar will enable you to grow and develop, while cultivating new skills. The application process is simple and, if accepted, you will be part of an excellent team of healthcare providers. If you’ve interned at WellStar before, we’d love to hear about your experiences.